Edge of Logic

a place to roleplay whatever character in whatever situation however you want!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Market Run

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dib
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder

PostSubject: Market Run   Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Running roughly down the centre of A17 is a dozen mile long, fifty foot wide runway, packed to bursting down either side with literal thousands of stalls and stands and other venords. Their variously sized gazibos and tents and other such facilities are pressed up against the slime slick steel walls that tower either side of the enormous market, seperating it from the rest of A17 but for the huge open archways every few hundred feet, granting access to the living and working establishments of the Marshcrawler.

If anyone ever were looking for anything ever, they would almost certainly be able to find it, from the most mundane magic monkey paws to the downright bizarre vats of liquid emotion. Food, medicine, ship parts, jewellery, weapons, clothing can all be found here, as well as some of the more 'adult' privileges to life, so long as one knows where to look.

And of course, the market is open and bustling every hour of every day for the rest of A17's life. The crowds are always thick, and navigating the vaste alley can sometimes be almost as dangerous as accidentally wandering into the pen of the cattle of a rancor herder, just one of the many more dangerous things the market has on offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dib
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Market Run   Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Ram enters from one of the side archways of the Market Run, Ace following behind him. Ram pushes his way through the crowd, unable to see over most of their heads, and occassionally must stop to ask where the nearest stalls are for the various things he requires.

After several hours of this, Ace's interior storage area is now full with the next month's supply of food for Ram, as well as a few new weapons and some parts to fix the Cruiser's Food Fabricator, which had been out of order for almost a month now.

Ram: "I don't think we'll be coming to this market again, Ace. Despite the high praise of it, it does NOT have everything anyone ever could want."

Ace: "Duly noted, Sir."

Ram stops and ponders for a moment, Ace watching by his side.

Ram: "I think I would like to explore the Swamps below, Ace. Care to join me?"

Ace: "Affirmative, Sir."

And with that, the two of them set off to find a way into Swamps below, leaving the bustling market through one of the many large archways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Market Run   Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Varracca walked calmly through the Market run, with easily more than half of his time left. He stopped at a bazaar, which was selling trinkets of all shapes and sizes, as well as hanging frogs and birds to eat.

Varracca bought a large salamander-looking thing and bit a foot off, looking around. He sensed something through the force suddenly, and became mroe aware.

He noticed a Pale green, antenna-d head walking away with a small silver and red robot behind it. No, that wasn't it... The thing twitched in the back of his head once again and he almost winced.

Looking up, he searched the sky. Could it be... pirates? Varracca squinted up, and ate another foot.

He grunted, and decided to go back to his fighter early. He pressed a button on his comms and talked to his droid. "TX. Do a scan of ships in the area, I just felt something. I think it might be pirates, but I can't be sure. While you're at it, give a shout out to our allies, see if they can help if needs be."

R5-TX beeped back at him and Varracca nodded. He wrapped the salamander in a napkin and ran back to his ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpgau.newstarforum.net
Kekkles

PostSubject: Re: Market Run   Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Within the atmosphere of the planet came down a small carrier ship, it seemed to be merely a pod but with somewhat more control of where it'd land. Sythico peered through the screen before him and saw he was heading just off the market place. Within a few moments a small crash was heard a couple of miles from the market. The delicate pod opened for Sythico to evacuate and search the area. He had no need for conflict so he merely stepped with caution towards the Bazaar of which he seeked.

He noticed strange creatures on the way of all different shapes and sizes, by far more varieties than his home world. After a long walk Sythico entered the market in search of something much needed to buy, he was bored of the hustle and bustle on his ship so he decided for a little adventure of his own. He was in search of something that probably wasn't even on this planet but yet he looked to cure his boredom.

He past many a bazaar, each one toting their marketing scheme and many many deals on utter nonsense that Sythico would never need. Until eventually he noticed a rather bazzare bazaar. It was owned by some strange alien with a long neck with a small head with beady eyes and large mouth plonked ontop of it. It also had green slimy skin and spots randomly plopped on it's body. As Sythico ventured up to it it started to talk in it's strange multiple-toned voice "Ooh, greetings customaa, I see you wants bisness with I!" He strange babble was hardly understandable but Sythico managed "You seek wonders of enshantments of the wunzaba of modern profounds? I has all to sell, from synth stones to ingredients and recipes." The strange creature pulled a huge lump of useless stuff from beneath the desk and dropped straight in front of Sythico, his weedy arms struggled to pick them up, giving strain it it's outlandish vocals "Whatchoo wan'? OR do you wantabuy something to keep zee creepies away?" Sythico nodded as the alien finally got to the right item of purchase "Oh and I get you something for that no voice too!"
"No no! It's fine." Sythico blurted before it was too late. The alien dragged the pile from the desk and let it drop to the floor before plucking a few bottles of strange liquids from a box above and out of Sythico's view.

"Zer you go funnysize, you gets extra free for being so pretty." Sythico thanked the alien before paying for the purchase, only a few credits for the burden of listening to the strange creature. Sythico walked away, placing the vials onto his belt and disappearing into the trees. "Sankoo come agen!" It yelled as Sythico walked out into the forest.

Moments later when Sythico was deep in the forest a large explosion came from where Sythico just was, obviously Sythico gave the creature explosives rather than real credits. Sythico merely laughed and continued on his journey, blade in hand.

Sythico got deeper into the midsts and vile stenches started to portude from the plants and inhabitants. A large bullfrog appeared from the mist of stench. It was a lot larger than Sythico, it stood with it ugly look, and stared at Sythico with such stupidity. Sythico pointed the gun of the pistolblade and shot a clean shot straight through the giant frog's brain.

Killing it instantly.

With that Sythico continued his journey into the unknown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder

PostSubject: Re: Market Run   Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:55 am

Varracca looked up from R5-TX, having heard the droid's report. "So. ...One of them is here." Varracca paused, but then patted his belt. The hilts of his two lightsabers were cold under his fur-covered fingers, and he smiled grimly.

Turning on his heel, he closed his eyes and started walking. An explosion rang out, and he simply nodded. THat was a pirate, alright. He bumped into a railing and looked down out onto the swamp. He gritted his teeth and leapt over the side of the marshcrawler, plummeting down to the forest just near to the temple.

what do you want, pirate? is it a challenge? adventure? or just to terrorise innocents? you're all the same, no matter how you dress it up. I'm coming for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpgau.newstarforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Market Run   

Back to top Go down

Market Run
Page 1 of 1