Edge of Logic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge of Logic

a place to roleplay whatever character in whatever situation however you want!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nearby Marsh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Sythico continued to wander through the forests, leaving what just happened in the dust. If anything, it was the guy's fault... He annoyed him too much... Sythico sensed some greater powers on this planet but thought nothing of them. Nothing could stand in the way of his goal.

He walked through the swamp on all the dry patches, avoiding the puddles by gracefully leaping from one spot to the next in a quick fashion. He knew that most of this land would sink if he stood there too long so he continued forward until something big got in his way. It was little more than some kind of large Carrion Insect, he snickered at it as he gave it's territorial warning to Sythico. The large shriek splintered through the air and breezed the surrounding trees, Sythico's long black hair blew back from the loud volume and gave nothing of it. A smile then he pulls out his Pistolblade and unleashed a flurry of bullets upon the creature, blasting off it's arms, legs then later it's head. Each shot was perfectly hit and made little of the giant bug, Sythico stepped on and over the creature and felt it sink into the ground. A split second later Sythico was speeding away in full pursuit of his goal.

Again moments later he was stopped, but this time by little more than fatigue from the thick moist and humid atmosphere, he found hard ground atop a tree and looked over the horizon, resting but still prepared of what could come up. He instantly realised that the trinkets didn't work on large creatures... Or was it a consumerable repellant? Well Sythico didn't try it just yet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Varracca moved stealthily over the marsh. Suddenly, the stench of death reached his nostrils and he glowered. Taking another step or two forwards, he came across the insect's carcass.

so. random murder it is, then.

Varracca lowered himself to one knee and nodded as the creature's soul joined with the force.

just because you're not Humanoid doesn't mean you're not Sentient, pirate. not that that matters to you, of course...

Varracca got to his feet and started walking swiftly now. He removed his sabers from his belt and joined them at the hilts.

Looking up, Varracca saw a figure sitting in a tree and ducked behind a small shrub for cover. So, he was here. And yes, Varracca could feel his arrogance radiating from him.

Varracca growled and stood up.

"Pirate." he said, so he knew the pirate could hear him.

"Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
http://rpgau.newstarforum.net
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am

Sythico merely peered over his shoulder at the Jedi and gave a small grin before jumping down from the tree. He landed a few feet in front of the Jedi "Nothing that you need to know about." Sythico looked the wookie up and down then rolled his eyes "And I see the nosey little jedi wants a piece." He let out a sigh before standing straight to Varracca "Y'know I always wanted to see one face to face but they are merely words of legend... Apparently some still exist." Sythico then bowed to Varracca before bounding off again, making inhumane jumps before disappearing further into the marshes.

A few moments later Sythico stopped and caught the sense of the thing he was looking for. A golden beam of light seemed to fire through the air just a few feet off the ground, the beam had cut down trees and circled the planet. To check the power of the beam he dropped a leaf into it, the second it touched the beam the entire leaf dissolved. A smile hit his face as he found what he was looking for, now all he had to do was find the epicenter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am

Varracca growled, furious. WANTS A PIECE? ARROGANCE!

He tore after Sythico, igniting his lightsabers which were still joined. if he was innocent, he'd hardly have run. Jumping high into a tree above Sythico, Varracca growled down at him, then noticed the golden light.

He caught himself, then turned off his sabers. "Oh, so you are interested in the light, are you? Of course, one so clearly innocent as yourself would be able to control it. Obviously."

He dropped out of the tree and stood next to sythico. "And it's also obvious that I won't be able to trick you into telling me. Why are you here? And what do you plan on using that light for?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:19 pm

"I don't plan on using it. More on the side of studying it and work out how it gets around. As you may have noticed it hasn't always been here otherwise the trees wouldn't have been shredded, you may believe I am here to import my piracy and be true to the word by staying as an outlaw... In fact I'm more recently finding passages to something else, of which a Jedi like yourself may like to get a piece of." Sythico then snickered "Or not." Sythico then continued to examine the light. He then placed his hand just outside of the range of damaging him and spread his hand into and open palm with a strange finger formation. The light began to bend and move away from Sythico's hand and started to move across the planet and evaporating anything in it's path. Sythico tilted his head slightly as if in confusion to what happened "I see, it doesn't like 'magic'... How odd." Sythico then stood and kicked a pebble into the light in turn eradicating the small rock. "So what is your name Jedi? If you dub me with the grace? I am Sythico." He let his hand in gesture of a hand shake.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:32 am

Varracca ignored the hand.

"Do you realise, even in altering its course a fraction, how much damage you could just have done?" He gestured to the beam. "Or are you the same as every other pirate, not caring for the details or the lives they take and the ruin they leave behind?"

Glaring Sythico dead in the eyes, Varracca chose his words carefully. "Of course, the fact that you have already offered me the knowledge makes it clear that you will tell me regardless of my intentions with it. What are you researching? And what do you want to find with it?"

Varracca stood back as the beam reached scorched around the planet once again and joined up with the one in front of him.

"Or is it already acting how you might not expect it to?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:57 pm

"So far through my research this ring that appears around any planet at random is completely unpredictable, no matter what I have done to attain it, it always seems to change and it's not even linked with the planet's boundaries or certainties..." Sythico looked back at the ring "And I didn't know it was going to move upon my magic, the previous planet I used that on drew it weaker and allowed me to analyse it... No matter, as the ring doesn't allow me to analyse I must find what creates it." Sythico followed his eyes along where the beam's particles seemed to be headed and walked in the opposite direction with his blade ready. "Are you coming?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Varracca overlooked him as he spoke.

When he moved varracca grunted a small sigh and said; "I can see no reason I would not be of assistance, either against you or, if I have misunderstood the situation..." Varracca saw that Sythico had already walked away and his face darkened considerably.

"Very well."

Varracca followed after the pirate, always with a hand on the hilt of his sabers.
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Sythico carried on following the beam "So what is your name?" Sythico slowly noticed the beam's power fading and growing as if it were breathing, he looked at the pattern and it join the tempo of breathing the two of them had as if perfectly between their breathing rhythm. Something knew they were their and was mocking it. Sythico halted abruptly then looked around, the trees and the marshes fogging his view of what could be controlling this. He reached a sigh then turned his entire form to view exactly south.

Sythico pushed his fingers to his head and started to glow with a pale blue aura. Flames and swirls flew about within the aura and Sythico's long black hair started to drift in the wind, the ring in return started to tilt away and gets larger. Sythico breathes in and the aura fades and he then falls to his knees.
Sythico's eyes were now a lot brighter blue, the spell he had conjured allowed him to see through the fogs of the marshes but the spell was in vein, no one could be seen apart from the large creatures dotted about the area. Sythico was confused, was the ring alive? Or was there a greater power controlling it from elsewhere? Sythico continued to follow the ring "Do you have any idea on what it could be?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:49 pm

"My name is unimportant pirate. Perhaps you'll find out one day, but until then just know me as a genuine jedi master. And also know that magic, the force, psychic power and everything else that could be deemed 'unnatural' is linked. While you may enjoy flashing yours, that does not mean it compares any more or less favourably to mine or anyone others'."

Varracca turned back to the beam. "As for this thing... I would have to assume it is either alive or designed to the point that it might as well be. It does not seem to know quite what we are, but you would be right in assuming it has a place of rest."

He looked Sythico in the eye once more, thinking. What is it you want with this? I would assume you have a little idea of what I am thinking, at least.

"However, it is something I have not known of before. On the other hand... I do know of several beings of light. Perhaps they might know we are here, huh?" Varracca turned back to the beam and started walking alongside it. "You would be right to respect it, whatever the case."
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Sythico smiled and nodded behind Varraca "What of these beings?" Sythico was eager to find out a new piece of this strange puzzle "I have been studying it but it changes everytime I get closer to knowing what it is." His eye colour slowly dimmed and turned back to their sky blue form and the marshes returned to normal to him once again.

"It would be necessary in my research for me to meet them and speak with them." He looked around to see one of the planet's beasts walk into the light, completely dissolving midwalk, confusion hit Sythico Now why did it do that? he thought.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

"Beings of pure energy, or ones that exemplify one particular thing. Elementals, they call themselves. Or avatars, depending on their pride. There are several such beings in this solar system. anyone with half a basic grasp of so-called 'magic' can sense that." Varracca watched Sythico puzzling over the beast.

"You do realise what that means, correct? Clearly they aren't being destroyed. Everything there is being disassembled here and reassembled elsewhere, or the creature would not have come into contact with the beam. Everything has a sense of impending death, it just depends on the creature for how they'll react to it."

Varracca sat down easily. "You do have a proper grasp, right?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 am

Sythico looked at Varracca "They were right about Jedi's." Sythico's eyes filled with annoyance, Sythico then lifted his head to the skies, it was bright and it seemed as though there was a reflection of the light in the sky. Sythico then suddenly dropped and entered the light.

((OOC: Check Talina))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Varracca watches as Sythico disappears. "Glad to hear it..."

He crosses his arms and sits, focussing. so.... if you are out there still, friendr... I'm sure you've noticed him... I'm going in too. See you later.

With that, Varracca took off his Commlink and lightsabers. Taking a slow breath, he stepped into the light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nearby Marsh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Marsh   Nearby Marsh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearby Marsh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Edge of Logic :: Sci-Fi Solar System: Roleplaying :: Swamp World :: Marshcrawler A17-
Jump to: