Edge of Logic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge of Logic

a place to roleplay whatever character in whatever situation however you want!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ring

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 am

Sythico would appear in the river, standing in the shallows, he noticed the lush green landscape and saw no sign of the light. He looked around for a moment and saw that the beast that had entered wasn't anywhere to be seen "Where am I?" he asked himself before stepping out of the river and onto the bank, he noticed many spiritual applicants and other such holy items lined about the river bank, it was a sign of civilization but to find them would be a different story. He looked to the horizon around him and only saw foliage but it seemed as though some were lived in.

He would walk in the direction of the homes but kept himself out of site, if he had gone into the past then it would have repercussions elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:26 pm

Varracca landed on one knee in the shallows of the river. Looking up, he saw sythico a short way away. "Well, this is interesting..."

Varracca stood and took a small radar out of his pocket. "Pirate, I would expect you to want to know this."

Walking over, he held it out. As he walked it slowly dissolved into dark grey ash and blew away on the wind. "This is a place where Technology is impossible. I've been here before, Pirate. If you want to keep your weapons, I'd suggest you don't activate them." Varracca crossed his arms once again. "And as for being right about jedi? Just know that not all Jedi are alike."

With that Varracca walked past sythico and looked to the town. "On this world there are many people equally strong as either of us. It'd probably be best not to anger them, eh?" Grinning to himself, Varracca led the way.
Back to top Go down
http://rpgau.newstarforum.net
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Sythico rolled his eyes and continued to walk, luckily the most technology he had on him were his weapons; a pistolblade and a polearm, which he probably wouldn't get out. He watched Varracca as he walked behind him and just felt power similar to his elsewhere. He didn't feel it was needed to say because Varracca could probably feel it too.

As Sythico saw the village built on both ground and within trees he noticed some people walking about, some scholars and their followers, praying as they walked and their students following. A small smile hit his face as he peered through the trees, hidden behind the leaves and his aura darkened. He saw that they hadn't noticed him so he moved around out of view to take a look. It was a heavily religious place, most of the civilians wore some kind of robe, and seemed to have no crime and a low/mid currency rate. There were food stalls down a road adjacent to where Sythico stood and then he noticed a church-like building. If he could get some robes then maybe he wouldn't stick out like a saw thumb. Sythico looked between the church and Varracca, if anything he would probably fit in with his robes and maybe use some of that magic mind trick stuff.
Sythico quickly dashed through the cover and looked up at the building, it was easily climbable, well easy for Sythico, and had a window clearly visible near the roof. He ran up the wall as if running along flat surface and clasped onto the small ledge of the window, pulling himself up and opening the window. He made it inside and saw he was in some kind of bell tower, nothing out of the ordinary, just a single bell chain and a stairwell that lead both up and down. He wouldn't know where the clothes would be stored so he took instinct and made his way down; he'd check the floor below him and would just flip down to it if no one was there. It was quite a scarce church, not many people went up, only one or two. The church was simple local, sand coloured clay and luscious wood, held together in their traditional ways to show peace with their god(s). He'd eventually see a room containing robes after walking the hallways for a while. It seemed to be someone's dorm, he merely grabbed a couple and shot out, hoping it was one size fits all. As he left someone shouted "Who's there?" and started to check about, Sythico merely sped back in the direction he came, quickly running back. He got out a lot faster than he got in and jumped ack out the window, landing on the ground behind foliage on one knee. He put on the robe and waited for Varracca.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Varracca was standing behind Sythico, blending into the trees. "So, Sythico. You feel the need to disguise yourself. A jedi has prescience, as I'm sure you know. I'll be honest, your choice of hiding shrub could've been better. See that road to our right? You are lucky it is not occupied."

Varracca walked out of the shade and into the road. "So what is your mission here? Something to do with their god? I should warn you, there is someone incredibly powerful in this area. He would be as much a danger to myself as to you, so... yes. I am sure you understand me."

"What is it you wish to do?" Varracca grinned and turned away, putting his hand on the hilt of the runic blade he had purchased.
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Sythico followed Varracca out onto the path and pulled the hood over his head "I can feel the energies in this place, there are strong people here but I do not need to bother them." Sythico would turn and eye up the church "I would much rather find the link between the ring and this place." Sythico looked about the village and gave it a once over, quite a nice little village actually "And how does this place create a technology field strong enough to completely destroy foreign technology. Even a time rift isn't that powerful." Sythico walked through the church doors with his head bowed and continued to walk through the building.
The church itself was quite dated although built merely from trees, clay and other such basic tools. The seats were made of simple tree logs on their sides and shaved for a bit more comfort and there seemed to be a lot of them so there must be a large population that comes here.

He would then continue to search the church for clue, he started at the altar and checked for some kind of religious study.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:41 am

Varracca followed silently, up until Sythico reached the altar. "It is generally accepted to be poor manners to inspect an altar so closely."

Varracca crossed his arms inside his sleeves and stayed back. "As for the Technology Field, would it not suffice to say a Wizard did it?" Varracca smiled almost invisibly. "Personally I believe it was some being of incredible power. The term God would not be amiss. There is apparently a personification of whoever it was that decided there would be no technology here, somewhere in the solar system..."

Varracca caught Sythico's eye. "Trust me, you would not get much information from him."
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:36 pm

"I wouldn't say god." Sythico continued to search and found a large, old book with what seemed to have many, many pages. Sythico placed it on the stand with a heavy and loud thump and opened it, the words weren't foreign to Sythico, which was odd "Hmmm, This is very close to The European Earth's Bible." Sythico flicked through the pages reading with surprising spead for a Homo Sapien and closed it firmly with a loud bang "Nothing about the ring except obviously something linking with their form of god which they would pray to at that river which is where the link is... Which I already knew." Sythico's voice sounded annoyed, which was rare. Sythico walked past Varracca and saw something out of the corner of his eye. Someone had witnessed them, the second the man knew Sythico had spotted him the man began to run for help "Sh*t!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:00 am

Varracca watches as the man runs away. "Well that was well done. So are you going to chase him down and end up murdering this whole village? Or are you going to tell me what you want here, so I might be able to help you instead of inevitably forcing you back to the swamp world?"

Varracca leans on the pulpit and watches the scene unfurl.
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:14 am

"We don't need to kill him, we need to leave, I don't want to destroy the only link I have with the ring at this moment." Sythico started to walk out of the church to look for other connections "I'm looking for anything and I mean anything that could link me to the ring, if you'd help me it would much appreciated. And I'm not like a normal pirate, I won't use it against the universe as you seem to believe." Sythico threw off the robe and left it lying in the middle of the isle. He headed out of the village and towards the road they were on before.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am

I was hardly suggesting WE kill him. Varracca amirks subtlely but then runs after sythico. "Well, there are worse partners you could have. But trust me, if we're going to be looking for this thing I'm going to be watching you like an eyebeast. So, to the ring?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 am

"Not to the ring, to those powerful beings we can sense." He continued to follow the road into the trees towards the signature. There were many beasts in the trees but wouldn't attack Sythico, they were either taimed or knowledgeable of his strength.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 am

"hmmm.... should be interesting..." Varracca walked confidently through the forest, aware of large creatures moving within it. "I trust you realise that attacking anything here would be most unwise?"

Varracca could tell what his response would be before he voiced it. "apparently so, hah..."

Varracca walked in in silence, a grin occasionally spreading over his face.
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Sythico was starting to find the jedi to be quite of an annoyance. Sythico felt his every bit of Arrogance breathing down his neck. Sythico lifted his Pistol Blade and fired a gunshot between the eyes of a creature not far from where he was standing, merely using the aim from the corner of his eyes. It was a perfect shot but from the curse of this god-ridden land he had to return his weapon to the 'Ether'; the alterworld where Shena had control of his weapons and all that would be returned to that white mist. Sythico burst out into laughter as he watched the beast screem to agony, he felt need to let something go as he didn't fear the jedi but instead found him as a nuessance.

Sythico stopped and heard something coming "Here comes what I was looking for." Not far from where they were standing a sort-of protector came stomping through the trees in urge to stop Sythico. He watched the trees bend and buckle as whatever it was pushed it's way through the forests. Creatures would swirve and run from it's path in fear of being crushed. Sythico stood with no emotion on his face, he was waiting for this, he knew it must be a connection to the planet otherwise it wouldn't be here.
He watched as a large yeti like creature would find it's way to them, a snicker hit his face as his eyes switched between Varraca and the Protector, he'd deffinately seen some resemblance.
Sythico looked it square in the eye and saw unwildly wisdom "Now that I've got your attention, I hope you can answer one of my questions." Sythico asked.
"I will not answer for those who wrecklessly destroy innocense, you must pay for your actions in blood!"
"Now, if you kill me you will just be acting in vein and creating a hypocracy, I in-fact need you to protect you of what I believe may happen very soon. There is a Ring of temendous and unpredictable power that has linked itself with your religion, there is nothing of it in your books so it has happened recently. It seems to feed off of your power."
The giant tilted it's head in confusion "And how can I trust you?" It asked wisely.
"I can show you." Sythico smiled and turned his form to face the direction of the Altar that linked to the ring and pointed "It's above the River, it's a void that would teleport anything that it touches to this world." Sythico started to slowly walk forward, explaining the of what he knew of the ring.

As they reached the river the beast felt need to stop before leaving the woods "I cannot go any further, I believe you..." The being said in it's low groaning voice "We can talk... But not now, later in the future..." It then disappeared into the trees not to be seen. Sythico watched him leave and sighed, knowing he had to start over again, better information could be gained from the religious public.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 pm

Varracca watched silently.

"Pirate." He began. Sythico almost glared at him. "...Sythico. You are a wise man. And, as you have proven, more than just the bloodthirsty murderer I took you for. However..." Varracca lifted his hand and the creature that sythico had shot was lifted up and drifted slowly towards them.

Varracca held his hand out and the bolt from Sythico's gun dropped into his outstretched palm. "I can see that there is something... else. Now I have known more than sufficient people to not push you. So I will say this." Varracca pocketed Sythico's bolt almost without moving, and stretched his hand out to the man.

"From this point until we seperate I will treat you as any other. We are equals. Deal?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Sythico smiled at Varracca and nodded "But could you ever trust a pirate?" Sythico continued to walk to the nearest village with population, this took sometime, he was searching for the indication of sound. Large populations would generally have a larger sound density and would create more vibrations in the atmosphere. Sound was all he could go for as he didn't know what they looked or smelt like. Sythico kept his concetration on his sense of hearing, it was almost apparent that everything was focused on the vibrations. It was a strange quiet land, as if population wasn't applicable on this planet. Suddenly he felt the presence he was searching, he opened his eyes and started to walk in the direction. "I apologise, for the death of those creatures but it all has an inevitable ending, you and I both know that and if it comes in the path of what I fight for then... Well let's not say."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 pm

"The jedi way would be to alter your path. Mine would be to build a bridge over the nuisance. I'll just assume you have never had interactions with the Jawa race. They can be trying in the extreme." Varracca's face darkened as he walked next to Sythico.

However, Varracca seemed to remember something and he laughed. "Of course, if you want to find civilisation, then..." Varracca closed his eyes, managing not to walk into anything as he did, then opened them again and pointed. "The nearest village is a few miles over that way, through the forest. There will be creatures between us and it, and I'm certain they'd be more interested in devouring us than conversation." Varracca cast Sythico a wry look.

"And it would be wise not to use that weapon again. The magic will generally only give one chance."
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Sythico looked at Varracca through the corner of his eye "Then I won't use it." He opened his hand and curled it in a clawed motion, within a moment a blue flame appeared in his clasp and he looked to Varracca "I can just dazzle the cannibals." He spoke with a grin "The religion spoke in a common tongue that is spoken far across space, unless the village is an alternate tribe that speaks differently I could speak with them. Or die." Sythico let go of the flame and it disappeared he felt other villages around the planet but they could be too far. "It's best we see them first."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Varracca grinned. "I think I'm going to get to like you, sythico. Come."

With that, varracca dived into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Sythico followed with a quick pursuit, his jumps threw him far which would in turn make the journey a lot shorter. Sythico stopped suddenly after he caught the scent of the cannibals, he smelt bloodrenched metals and cloths. The blood of many kinds of animals and none that related to humans. He peered through the bushes to confirm that they weren't homo sapiens but still humanoid. Sythico sat and closed his eyes, pressing his fingers against his eyelids.
Sythico found himself strangely frustrated with the Murloc esc creatures he knew it would be hard to communicate. Sythico looked up at Varracca, hoping he could use some jedi mind such.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Varracca looked down. "I can't read minds, Sythico." he said, quietly.

He scanned the tribe. They seemed to be doing nothing in particular, although his jedi training had long since told him that nothing was always something.

"What is it you want from them?"
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

"Knowledge of this planet, anything that could possibly link this planet to the ring." Sythico looked at the creatures and then at Varracca "Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Varracca looked at Sythico in disbelief. "Well... thanks for all the help." He removed his shirt and gathered his robe around himself. Parting the bushes with the force, he walked confidently out from the foliage.

Using the force to keep a check on their emotions, he spoke clearly and strongly. "Villagers, greetings. I have come from a great distance away in search of great mysteries of time and space. I have heard of your wisdom and instinctive knowledge. Also, I have need of food. There is a friend of mine, not far from here. He is weak and almost delirious."

Varracca moved a branch behind him, partially revealing Sythico.

"Is there any way we could eat with you?"

The nearest cannibal grinned to Varracca, baring his pointed teeth. "Wizard, huh..." He muttered something to a cannibal behind him, who smirked. "Sure. Come on, our, huh, camp... is back this way. Your friend had better be able to walk." He jabbed his gnarled thumb over his shoulder.

Varracca turned and talked back to Sythico. "Sythico. Come."
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Sythico smiled at Varracca "If it's one thing that a Jedi doesn't do well, I can't name it." Sythico quickly walked over and followed, looking at the creatures around him "I urge that we don't stay too long, they look too hungry." Sythico spoke quietly towards Varracca's ear whilst looking at the creature's, they all seemed to eye Sythico up and salavated "I think Human and Wookie will be on the menu tonight." One of the minors tried to snap at Sythico but he quickly moved his hand away with a worried look on his face.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Creator/Founder
Creator/Founder
Admin

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Varracca grinned, and under his breath, spoke. "You are my apprentice. Remember that."

Varracca sat down in the center of the cannibals. He crossed his legs and seperated his fingers, touching the tips of each one together. From the woods, several large and mossy logs rose and hovered over to them.

The cannibals saw them coming and one or two of them shouted out loud, flattening themselves to the ground.

The logs hovered high in the air, then came spiralling slowly downwards in front of Varracca, forming a low table.

once they had settled, dislodging earth from on and around them. Varracca opened his eyes with a sly grin. "My friend and apprentice shall sit next to me." He gestured to sythico.

The cannibals were watching warily. Varracca looked up, feigning surprise well. "You had not seen that before? Perhaps you shall see more."

Varracca turned once more to Sythico. "Apprentice? Light the blue fire in the middle of our table, please."
Back to top Go down
Kekkles

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Sythico rolled his eyes then clawed both his hands, a split second later the blue fire englofed his hands and then his arms, after a gesture which would force the fire to be greater Sythico threw the flames onto a patch infront of them and created a small pit of burning blue fire. The cannibals were dazzled, they looked at Sythico and Varracca like they were gods. Sythico smiled a cockily at the cannibals, one dribbled and fainted which brought a smile to Sythico's face. Sythico sat beside Varracca in the same way and looked about the still awing crowd "I suppose they've never really seen our kind before."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ring   The Ring I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ring
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Edge of Logic :: Fantasy World: Roleplaying :: Talina :: Dodoa River-
Jump to: